CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

THIS BLOG

Everything HAIR and some other beauty stuff.

Welcome to my journey







Monday, February 21, 2011

Update week 9

I'm in week 9 of my stretch. My new growth is visible and my hair is officially tangley. I watched a few youtube reviews for the Tangle Teezer after a suggestion from P.S. I Love this and I think this is something I really should get. Especially now when my hair get's a tangled mess! Anything that can prevent hair loss while detangling I'm all for!

This week I prepoo'd with grape seed oil and another tea tree conditioner I picked up at Wh.ole F.oods called Shi kai.  It's really a good conditioner and stopped my itching scalp. Shut it down! LOL!

I co washed with the Giovanni Tea Tree conditioner I reviewed last week. Further cooling comfort for my scalp.  But it didn't get my scalp as clean as I wanted so I washed just my scalp with the Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo. I really like this shampoo! I think I'll just re-purchase that. I like the Shi kai tea tree con better!
I am being extra cautious with my scalp because my relaxer is coming up in 2 1/2 weeks and my last relaxer I really burned because my scalp was in such an irritated itchy state.

After I rinsed the shampoo my hair was stripped so I conditioned with ORS con for 10 minutes then I deep conditioned with SE Mega Moisturizing Con my favorite staple. I didn't sit under the dryer this time. I walked my treadmill for an hour and let it condition an additional hour. I rinsed and did my leave-in with a mix of aloe vera juice and S-curl no drip and air dried. Once dry, I detangled. Then I moisturized and sealed with 6 and 1 Leave In moisturizer and coconut oil.

This week I'm protective styling. I'm bunning until my relaxer March 12, 2011.

Best bun I've ever done!

2 comments:

psilovethis said...

My hair does not like Giovanni products. I've tried..but nope. So now it sits in the graveyard of failed products on the bottom shelf of my linen closet.

I still LOVE the Tangle Teazer, HOWEVER, be sure to be very gentle with it. I was on Curlynikki.com and she along with other naturals were saying that it was shredding their ends. My ends look just like they did before I started using the TT, because I had did a trim. I did decide though, to only use the TT every two weeks and even then to use in very small sections, with lots of condish. I would have to get rid of my TT, you know how tenderheaded I am.. I don't wanna go back to the hours of detangling and stuff..

Anywhooo.. a million thanks AGAIN for putting me up on SE. That stuff is MAGIC!

GorgeousPuddin said...

It's funny how some products work for some and not for others. I've only tried the G tea tree and it serves the purpose. But I won't be using the conditioner again. I LOVE Shi Kae that's my new go to tea tree conditioner. When I watched the youtube vids they said the same thing about the teezer. I will proceed with caution!