CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

THIS BLOG

Everything HAIR and some other beauty stuff.

Welcome to my journey







Friday, February 4, 2011

I do nails too!

Recently, I saw a manicure on a beauty blog that I had to try. I love beauty blogs by the way. I decided to do all my nails with the glitter. It is a fabulous gold glitter french manicure. I had everything but the glitter polish.


I painted my nails with one coat of Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle
http://www.sallyhansen.com/product.cfm?product=111

Then one coat of the best top coat in the world Seche Vite LOL! It dries so fast. I love this stuff!!!!

http://seche.com/products/product-83005.html

Then I used one coat of Sinful Colors Nude Satin 109. I tried to find it on the site but it's not available it's similar to this one. But any nude will do.

http://sinfulcolors.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=sinfulcolors&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=nail-polish

Then another coat of the Seche Vite top coat.

I waited about a hour to let everything set. Then I did the glitter french part. Sephora has this great gold glitter polish I was going to get but it costs 9.00. I'm on a budget right now.


One of the beauty blogs I read raved about Sally's Beauty Supply version which cost .94. It's a little bottle but Umm Yeah! It's GREAT!! looked similar and did what I needed it to do.



To add the french part you have remove excess polish on the side of the bottle and dot the tip of your nails until you get the desired affect. After adding the french part add one more coat of Seche Vite.

I am totally going back to get all the chunky glitters since it's a trend right now!  Sally's has silver and pink too. The end result is a gel like manicure that should last 7 -10 days!! I just add a little topcoat as needed when it gets dull.

After all that it better last LOL!

UPDATE: This manicure has lasted 8 days!!  No chips!!! I'm only removing it because my naisl have grown out. Make sure you seal the topcoat by adding polish to the front and back of the nail.

No comments: