CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

THIS BLOG

Everything HAIR and some other beauty stuff.

Welcome to my journey







Monday, October 31, 2011

Product Review No. 8 and....

Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner

Avocado oil and honey infuse each strand with ultra-moisturizing conditioners to detangle, hydrate and add silky shine.Silk protein helps fortify. Panthenol, silicone and glycerin saturate the cuticle to help repair and renew.

I told you all in an earlier post that I was taking it back old school. By that I mean I’m using all the old products that helped my hair grow long in the first place. From 2003 through  summer 2008 I had the best hair of my life lengthwise. It was long, healthy and thick. Life was good and stress was low. Fast forward and all hell broke loose. I was laid off from my high paying job, my lifestyle changed and adjustments had to be made.

One thing that suffered was my hair. I use to go to the stylist every week and left the care of my hair in her hands. So after my job loss, one thing that had to change was my hair appointments. I started getting my hair braided by a family friend and the styles were cute. The one thing that I "forgot" is that I don't wear braids well. My hair hates it. No matter how much I care for it in braids it still results in hair loss. I thought since it had been 10 years maybe that had changed, sadly it had not. During that time, in and effort to get to know my own hair I also decided to go natural. This ended up being a major FAIL! When I removed the braids my hair was a total disaster. I made an appointment and my stylist was like WHOA! What the heck have you done? My ends were raggedy. My hairline was near ratchedness, and the line of demarcation between relaxed hair and natural hair was a disaster! I ended up getting another relaxer and after it was blown out you could really see the damage.

My stylist said it had to be cut and I was crushed. Then my hair was subsequently cut to my neck. I was devastated!! I had not had short hair in forever. Anywhoo, after my cut it has been trial and error trying to find what products work for my hair to get my health and length back.

...Wait this is supposed to be a product review.

I started this post to talk about this Motions conditioner that I worked into my hair journey. There is so much information on the nets about silicone being bad for your hair. Well before I knew this, my hair grew with "cone" products and trying to be silicone free was not working for my hair. I took it back old school and bought this conditioner and my hair has been doing fine since I worked it in. I started using it for my mid-week cowash and condition. So if you don't have a fear of silicone give it a try! It has enough good stuff in it to cancel out the supposedly bad.

No comments: