CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

THIS BLOG

Everything HAIR and some other beauty stuff.

Welcome to my journey







Saturday, December 18, 2010

For Adei

Question: 8-10 weeks for a relaxer?! Go head girl! I need to find a way to stretch out my 5-6 weeks! Do you flat iron your roots? What products do you use? Wait, what texture is your hair considered?


Answers:
I'm still learning my texture. Its between 4A and 4B which I'm learning is very fragile! lacks moisture and breaks so easy if dry.

No I don't flat iron my roots. But I do use a blow dryer if I need to flatten out my roots after week 5 and I'm not wearing a protective style. I use a heat protectant.

Weeks 1 - 4 I old school wrap.

Lately I've been using Silk Elements MegaSilks Moisturizing Conditioner or Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner. I cowash weekly with VO5 Moisture milks weeks 1-5  and regular wash with Creme of Nature detangling shampoo usually as my relaxer gets older weeks 6 - 8 or10. 

After week 5 I only wear protective styles like ponytails and buns to not manipulate my hair too much. During those weeks I moisturize with Castor oil or olive oil on my new growth and scalp to keep it moisturized and soft. I also use a tiny bit of Scurl No Drip Moisturizer on the length during weeks 1-4(it's not greasy or heavy) and much more during weeks 5- 8 or 10

For me it's all about moisture. Once I realized my hair is really fragile and breaks easy when dry. I'm all about the moisture! This is just what i'm doing right now. I keep trying different things until I get the length, thickness and hair health

I'm trying to get back to mid-back length. I use to relax every 4 weeks but I learned this was too often and too soon.  So that's when I started stretching.

I've learned a lot from the hair blogs that I have linked to my hair blog.

Those women have beautiful  long hair. Check out  Keep it Simple Sister and Hairlicious Inc. those are my go to blogs if I'm trying a new product. But all the blogs I have linked have something to offer.

Then it's just a series of trial and error to see what products your hair responds too. If you have any more questions feel free to ask!  Good luck!

No comments: